Welcome to HSC!
The purpose of the Honors Student Council (HSC) is to provide a community where honors students can develop friendships and participate in activities that are critical to the mission of the program. The HSC is supported financially and overseen by the Campus Honors Program staff. During the spring semester, students have an opportunity to apply for leadership positions on the HSC Executive Board. Each of the Vice Presidents is responsible for chairing a committee focused on each of their respective areas of responsibility, and all students in the Campus Honors Program are encouraged to actively participate on one or more of these committees. Those selected for the 2021-22 academic year include:
- Niraj Lawande, President
- Briana Sobecks, Secretary
- Nicholas Davis and Braden Moore, Co-Vice Presidents of the Academic Engagement Committe
- Matthew Haak, Vice President of the Arts Committee
- Amanda Finn and Andrew Schollmeier, Co-Vice Presidents of Community Engagement
- Gail Schneiderman and Oluwateniola Akin-Olugbemi, Co-Vice Presidents of the Publications Committee
- Ashley Hornig and Gina Jagminas, Co-Vice Presidents of Social Engagement
- Adam Dziaba - Communications and Social Media Chair
- Emily Yan - Student Mentorship Chair
- Maya Chattoraj – Member-At-Large
The HSC meets at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday evenings on alternating weeks throughout the semester. All students are encouraged to attend. On those Tuesday evenings when the HSC does not formally meet, it sponsors an “Honors After Dark” program that is thematically determined by students.
We encourage all students to become involved in the HSC this year!