Welcome to HSC!
The purpose of the Honors Student Council (HSC) is to provide a community where honors students can develop friendships and participate in activities that are critical to the mission of the program. The HSC is supported financially and overseen by the Campus Honors Program staff. During the spring semester, students have an opportunity to apply for leadership positions on the HSC Executive Board. Those selected for the 2019-20 academic year include:
- James Tiao, President
- Justin Tiao, Vice President for Academic Engagement & President-Elect
- Maya Chattoraj, Vice President for Academic Engagement
- Ashley Hornig & Rony Midya, Vice Presidents for Social Engagement
- Niraj Lawande and Andrew Schollmeier, Vice Presidents for Community Engagement
- Ethan Frobish, Vice President for Publications
- Trennedy Kleczewski, Vice President for Arts
- Jacob Fritchie, Secretary & Social Media Chair
Each of the Vice Presidents is responsible for chairing a committee focused on each of their respective areas of responsibility, and all students in the Campus Honors Program are encouraged to actively participate on one or more of these committees.
The HSC meets from 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday evenings on alternating weeks throughout the semester. All students are encouraged to attend, and pizza is served. On those Tuesday evenings when the HSC does not formally meet, it sponsors an “Honors After Dark” program that is thematically determined by students. Refreshments are served.
We encourage all students to become involved in the HSC this year!