Spring 2017 SCHOLAR ADVENTURERS SERIES programs are shown on the Events Calendar at http://illinois.edu/calendar/list/4956 (click on the date of the event for a full description); you can sign up for as many of these events as you would like.
- *1a/b. Feb. 28, 2017 COME SHARE “FOOD OF THE GODS,” THEOBROMA CACAO (aka chocolate) -- Robert Skirvin
- *2. March 1, 2017 NEW COURSE PREVIEW: HUM 395: Biology and Society -- Samantha Frost and Rosine Kelz
- *3. March 7, 2017 WHY YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT UPCOMING NOMINATIONS TO THE SUPREME COURT -- Steve Helle
- 4. March 14, 2017 TOUR of the KRANNERT CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS -- Molly O’Roark
- *5. March 15, 2017 ACING THE INTERVIEW – TIPS AND MOCK INTERVIEWS -- Eden Haycraft, Cam Bohorquez, and LER Volunteers
- *6. April 3, 2017 DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING -- Jennifer Monson
- *7. April 17, 2017 COMMUNITY POLICING DISCUSSION -- Lieutenant Joan Fiesta and Michael Schlosser
- *8a/b. April 20, 2017 INTRODUCTION TO NATIONALLY COMPETITIVE SCHOLARSHIPS -- David Schug and Jeffrey Yockey
- *9. April 25, 2017 UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM PRESENTATIONS/CHP SYMPOSIUM ON UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH -- with Chancellor’s Scholars who have been accepted to present at the URS and CHP’s Summer 2016 Summer Research Grant Recipients
*Any SAS with an asterisk will have food (light snacks or dinner) provided, which makes rsvp's even more important. RSVPs are also essential for all tours, or any other SAS where there is a limit.
SAS SIGN-UPS BEGIN ON WEDNESDAY 2/22/17 (Graduating Seniors) AT 12:01 A.M. AND THURSDAY 2/23/17 (EVERYONE ELSE) AT 12:01 A.M.
Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) program registration will begin on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (for graduating seniors) and Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (for everyone else). To register, go to the CHP website at http://illinois.edu/calendar/list/4956, select the event you want to register for, then log in with your net-id and Active Directory password and add your name to the reservations list. See this link for a video tutorial of the sign-up process.
For each SAS you will receive an e-mail reminder a few days in advance. If the SAS involves food, or is very well-registered, please be sure to carefully read the instructions to save your place – and you will be asked to respond.
If your plans change and you are unable to come to a program you have already registered to attend, PLEASE notify us so that we will know. We may contact someone else on the waiting list and so we know how much food to order.
Some programs are limited in number due to the room size. If your entry is past the number allowed, you may still be added to the list, since we may have several cancellations. Watch your e-mail – even on the day of the program – to see if you are notified to come.
If the number of students interested in attending a program greatly exceeds the space allowed, we may move the SAS to another University site. You will be notified by e-mail in the reminder notice. (This excludes tours, which will not be changed.)
You may sign up for more than one SAS per semester, but repeat attendance in any SAS does not earn you additional co-curricular credit, and may prevent another student from attending.
Questions? Email Margaret Cupps at email@example.com or call 244-0922. If you have suggestions about future SAS possibilities, please contact Elizabeth Rockman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!