Students admitted to the CHP receive scholarships as indicated below. These scholarships are not advertised as merit-based scholarships student must apply and be admitted to the CHP, agreeing to participate in the undergraduate program before a scholarship is made available.
Thanks to the campus commitment to excellence, the Campus Honors Program is able to award, beginning in Academic Year 2018 – 2019, $1,000 per year (split into $500 of support each semester) to Chancellor’s Scholars, with the following requirements and restrictions:
- Students must be in good academic standing with the CHP for grades and courses, and not on probation with CHP.
- Students must meet U.S. residency requirements related to the ability to accept tuition awards.
- Students may receive this funding through their fourth year of registration at the university.
- This support is for both in-state students and out-state students.
- If you receive other tuition waivers or scholarships that are also restricted to covering your tuition, this CHP waiver will need to be canceled or reduced, as the total value of all such awards cannot exceed your assessed tuition at Illinois.
Research and Travel Grants
Students who are admitted to the program can apply for summer grants to fund student research projects ($1,000) or to support student domestic and foreign travel for educational and research purposes($500 and $1,000 respectively). See this page for more information.