The Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) is a series of events offered throughout the year by faculty members and others from a variety of disciplines who are engaged in interesting research projects or special educational endeavors. Students may register for Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) programs on the Events Calendar.
Spring 2022 semester offerings (registration information will be announced via NewsBytes; every event must be registered for, and Zoom or location info will be sent to all registrants a few days before each event):
- The Baseball Lockout – Issues and Implications with Michael LeRoy on Tuesday, 2/22/22
- What’s the Point of Banning Books? with Emily Knox on Monday, 2/28/22
- Racial Discrimination and Health(care) Disparities: New Paradigms for Justice and Healing with Ruby Mendenhall on Monday, 3/7/22
- “The Great Resignation” – Implications and Future Impacts with Robert Bruno on Wednesday, 3/23/22
- Greenhouse Gasses and the Food Sector with Atul Jain on Friday, 3/25/22
- What Terrorists Want From News Coverage – and How to Stop Them From Getting It with Scott Althaus on Wednesday, 3/30/22
- Nationally Competitive Scholarships (two sessions) with David Schug and Nicole Nowbahar on Thursday, 4/7/22
- Access to Justice During the Pandemic with Brian Gaines on Monday, 4/11/22
- Less Metrics, More Rando: Techniques of Resistance in a Platform World with Ben Grosser on Tuesday, 4/19/22
- The Challenges of Police Reform: Developing Critical Thinking Skills Around Policing and Other Relevant Issues with Michael Schlosser on Thursday, 4/21/22
- Film Showing and Discussion: The Horseman on the Roof with Carl Niekerk on Friday, 4/22/22
- Undergraduate Research Symposium Presentations, and CHP’s Seminar on Undergraduate Research XXXI with student presenters on Monday, 4/25/22
If you would like to see the PDF list with fuller descriptions, you can view and download the document below:
To earn credit for any online programs, students will be expected to submit a paragraph and response to a prompt sent after each program to Elizabeth Rockman at email@example.com.
Students entering the CHP after Fall 2018 must participate in at least eight Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) programs prior to graduation (approximately one per semester). For students who entered prior to Fall 2018, participation in four SAS programs is required.
A student may sign up for more than one SAS per semester, however, repeat attendance in an SAS does not earn additional credit.
If you need to cancel a registration, please delete your submission using the link in the confirmation email that was sent upon submission of your registration, and contact the CHP at firstname.lastname@example.org.