The Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) is a series of events offered throughout the year by faculty members and others from a variety of disciplines who are engaged in interesting research projects or special educational endeavors. Students may register for Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) programs on the Events Calendar. All Chancellor’s Scholars are required to complete 8 SAS to graduate with CHP honors. You may sign up for as many SAS as you’d like in a semester.
Fall 2023 semester offerings are listed below! Registration information will be announced via NewsBytes; every event must be registered for, and confirmation info will be sent to all registrants a few days before each event (please respond at that time if you can’t make the program). Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist if an event is full.
Fall 2023 semester offerings:
- Applying the First Amendment with Lena Shapiro on Wednesday, 9/20/23
- Challenges of Police Reform – Including New Training with Joseph Gallo, Michael Schlosser, and Marcus Beach on Thursday, 9/21/23
- The Fourth State of Matter and the Cool Things You Can Do With It with David Ruzic and Dan Andruczyk on Friday, 9/29/23
- The “Right to Charge” – Implications of Electric Vehicle Use with Eleftheria Kontou on Tuesday, 10/3/23
- The Science of Deception – How To Avoid Getting Scammed with Daniel Simon on Wednesday, 10/4/23
- King Gilgamesh – the World’s First Superhero with Rob Chappell on Tuesday, 10/10/23
- Water Pollution: Challenges and Potential Solutions with Marin Elisabeth Skidmore on Monday, 10/16/23
- Lincoln Hall Tour – Accessible, Historical, and Eco-friendly with Dennis Craig on Friday, 10/20/23
- “Creating your Powerful Resume” Workshop with James Castree on Monday, 10/23/23
- Study Abroad Workshop with Joy Phaphouvaninh and students on Thursday, 10/26/23
- Changes in the Land: Over a Century of Soil Alterations in the Anthropocene with Andrew Margenot on Wednesday, 11/1/23
- The African American Midwest: A 500 Year Fight for Freedom with Erik S. McDuffie on Tuesday, 11/7/23
- Medical and Scientific Construction of Race – During Slavery and Beyond with Rana Hogarth on Wednesday, 11/15/23
If you would like to see the PDF list with fuller descriptions, you can view and download the document below:
To earn credit for any online programs, students will be expected to submit a paragraph and response to a prompt sent after each program to Elizabeth Rockman at email@example.com.
Students entering the CHP after Fall 2018 must participate in at least eight Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) programs prior to graduation (approximately one per semester). For students who entered prior to Fall 2018, participation in four SAS programs is required.
A student may sign up for more than one SAS per semester, however, repeat attendance in an SAS does not earn additional credit.
If you need to cancel a registration, please delete your submission using the link in the confirmation email that was sent upon submission of your registration, and contact the CHP at firstname.lastname@example.org.