The Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) is a series of events offered throughout the year by faculty members and others from a variety of disciplines who are engaged in interesting research projects or special educational endeavors. Students may register for Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) programs on the Events Calendar.
Fall 2021 semester offerings (registration information will be announced via NewsBytes; every event must be registered for, and Zoom or location info will be sent to all registrants a few days before each event):
- eXtreme Gravity – Unveiling The Hidden Universe with Nicolas Yunes on Wednesday, 9/22/21
- The Fairness For All Initiative – Finding Civility In Our Differences with Robin Fretwell Wilson on Wednesday, 9/29/21
- Creating Your Powerful Resume Workshop with Emma Andruczyk on Thursday, 9/30/21
- The World Of Manga with Lindsey Stirek on Monday, 10/4/21
- The 1619 Project – Contextualizing Its Place In Curriculum, And U.S. History with Christopher Span on Wednesday, 10/6/21
- The Fourth State Of Matter And The Cool Things You Can Do With It with David Ruzic and Daniel Andruczyk on Friday, 10/8/21
- The Legendary Adventures Of Alexander The Great with Rob Chappell on Tuesday, 10/12/21
- Film Showing And Discussion Of “778 Bullets” with Angela Aguayo on Friday, 10/22/21
- Why Don’t Liberals And Conservatives See “eye-to-eye”? An Examination Of Psychological Foundations with Chadly Stern on Monday, 10/25/21
- Gender Pronouns – Everything Old Is New Again with Dennis Baron (on Zoom) on Tuesday, 11/22/21
If you would like to see the PDF list with fuller descriptions, you can view and download the document below:
To earn credit for any online programs, students will be expected to submit a paragraph and response to a prompt sent after each program to Elizabeth Rockman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students entering the CHP after Fall 2018 must participate in at least eight Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) programs prior to graduation (approximately one per semester). For students who entered prior to Fall 2018, participation in four SAS programs is required.
A student may sign up for more than one SAS per semester, however, repeat attendance in an SAS does not earn additional credit.
If you need to cancel a registration, please delete your submission using the link in the confirmation email that was sent upon submission of your registration, and contact the CHP at email@example.com.